Hello to our various readers- sorry for the delay in posting! A lot has happened since our last blog post:
- We celebrated our first wedding anniversary in the car, driving back from Luray, VA for Olivia’s cousins’s wedding :) That weekend we had a great time with Olivia’s extended family and we drove through the beautiful Shenandoah National Park where Kyle was once a junior ranger (true story).
- Olivia finished Internal Medicine! It was a rotation that took her by surprise. She never thought she would enjoy being in the hospital, but it was so rewarding working on teams to manage patient care. If she hated all other rotations this year, she would be okay picking this field.
- Kyle finished/is wrapping up his Florida project for work. After ~9 weeks of flying to and from Boca Raton, and only stepping foot on the beach once, he’s now wrapping up the project in Princeton, NJ and then will have a short stint back here in Syracuse, which makes Olivia very happy :)
- On the Tigers has slowed down with the disappointing season of the Tigers this year (though Kyle still dutifully posts), but Kyle is now an editor at Pride of Detroit, a Detroit Lions blog!You won’t see his names on articles, but he’s busy working behind the scenes.
- We visited Charleston, SC and Seabrooke Island with Olivia’s family for a quick 48 hour vacation in between her rotations. It was some much needed R&R, even if it was hectic getting there and back! Totally worth it!
- Olivia started her surgery clerkship. So far, it has been 3 weeks. And so far, it has confirmed what we already thought: Olivia is not going to be a surgeon. Despite loving crafts and having decent manual dexterity from sewing, and knitting, Olivia has realized that she enjoys eating snacks, watching TV/youtube while doing said crafts, as well as the comfort of scrapping a project if it turns out horribly. All of these things you can’t do during surgery… so disappointing, right?
- Kyle is eagerly anticipating football season, and Olivia is going to try fantasy football for the first time. If you ever want to watch football with us (and by us, we really mean Kyle, although Olivia is supposed to try and be more invested this year…) please let us know! We love having guests over and Olivia will probably make you delicious treats :)
We would love to hear from you and how you’re doing!