....and by Avocado Chicken Salad, we mean this recipe is essentially guacamole + shredded chicken :) I (Olivia) despise mayonnaise, so this is our take on "chicken salad" - it can be put on toast, eaten with tortilla chips, or eaten straight out of the bowl with a fork if you're feeling low-carb.... This recipe will serve 2 people if it's their main entreé and you give them carbs with it- or if you're Kyle, you probably could eat the whole thing if by yourself, regardless.
- Shredded chicken - we are huge fans of buying a rotisserie chicken at Wegmans and manually shredding up one of the chicken breasts
- 1-2 ripe avocados - definitely use two if feeding two people unless it's two tiny people
- 1/4 of a red onion - diced into small pieces
- cilantro - chopped up, amount varies, depending on how much you like it :D
- lemon juice - to taste, probably less than a teaspoon is sufficient
Instructions: Remove pit and shell from avocado, mash it up until your desired consistency. Chop onion and cilantro, shred chicken, mix these into the avocado mash, add lemon juice. ENJOY.